Monday, November 28, 2011

Journals...

I'm here to tell anyone who's interested about my life. :)
I'll try to come up with witty, random, completely entertaining, and completely true events/musings to post. So here's the first one:

Anyone notice that a journal is used to jot down those private feelings that you wouldn't say to anyone? Yup, I noticed it too. Funny, I can never be honest in a journal and I find it much easier to post something on a blog where random strangers that I will never pass on the street can read it. I mean, it's not like I'm going see someone who's been keeping up with my entertaining life and they're going to point at me and laugh about how I cried like a baby while watching Titanic. Don't go there. I know you all cried during that movie.

Well that was fun. Let me tell you about my day. I had a lot of weird experiences.

Lately, we've been unearthing all the old Christmas decorations and making the house look festive so I decided to bring up my little three-foot tree and set it up in my room. Normally, this makes me feel so Christmas-y. I put on my fuzzy pajama pants and a comfy sweater and drink hot chocolate while decorating and listening to Christmas music that was recorded in the 40s and no one has bothered to re-record since. But today, it was roughly 68 degrees outside and I thought to myself that it felt more like Halloween. Which was a depressing thought because I had only just gotten back from our annual shopping/Thanksgiving vacation to a cute little town three hours away and nothing does more to get me into the Christmas spirit. (We did not attempt Black Friday shopping. You know, stores intentionally raise the prices so they can lower them on Black Friday, so you're really not saving, you're just risking you life for that cheesy reindeer sweater that you can get for the same price on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It's not like your niece is going to like it anyway.)

Later, I found myself reading Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan and a gnat landed on my open page. Knee-jerk reaction: I blew him off. Hard. And instantly regretted it.
You see, I, being named Natalie, have formed a strange and special bond with gnats. Whenever they land on or near me I name them and watch them until they fly away. Needless to say, I was depressed at this unusual homicidal attempt of mine. But I saw his shadow cross my page only a few minutes later and I felt happy. I think he's taken up residence in my room, though. I've seen him before. I'm OK with the fact that he wants to live with me, honored, really, but for all my eight-legged friends out there: I must stubbornly insist that if you stubbornly insist to live in my house, you must pay rent. And avoid making any personal appearances, in which case I will scream, grab the Raid, and murder you. Or as my dad said, "Make your grandchildren radioactive." Please, also avoid biting my dog as she is twelve years old and we're breaking records here. Also, DO NOT bite my sister. That happened once and she had a rash the size of a watermelon on her leg. Not happening again.
And for the ticks: I have no sympathy for you and will not accept your residence, even if you pay. Go live on the streets.

So after, because the weather was so incredible, my sister and I went out on our ATV where we found a dead possum in the road. It's a little scary thinking that something could be behind you in the dark and you have no idea what it may do to you when it catches up to you. I am not, in fact, afraid of possi (is that the plural?) but when we drove back, we started wondering if it was only just playing dead. Which freaked me out more. My sister then posted a disturbing photo of a possum to my facebook and I will have nightmares. And thus ended my eventfully random day.

Right now I'm watching one of my favorite shows: Mike & Molly. Hilariously entertaining. Molly was just informing us that she enjoyed going to regular baseball games with her father and I started thinking "Don't you just love those family traditions?"

Good stuff.

Hope you found this entertaining!

Next post: Snow days and Homeschoolers

No comments:

Post a Comment